The blog of an aspiring author, wending her way from first draft to edit, and hopefully to becoming not only agented but published. Can I get an agent by the end of the year? I certainly hope so! My name is Amy Goodwill, and the only way to get this done is to sit down, shut up and do it. Brain, fingers and keyboard. Nothing to it... right?

Monday 4 February 2008

A lovely quote

The other day I found a quote about writing that I thought I'd share, since it expresses the sort of joyful sentiment I want to find in writing myself:

"I hope you will go out and let stories happen to you, and that you will work them, water them with your blood and tears and your laughter until they bloom, until you yourself burst into bloom."


I have no idea who said it, or where it comes from, but I really like it, don't you?

No comments: