The blog of an aspiring author, wending her way from first draft to edit, and hopefully to becoming not only agented but published. Can I get an agent by the end of the year? I certainly hope so! My name is Amy Goodwill, and the only way to get this done is to sit down, shut up and do it. Brain, fingers and keyboard. Nothing to it... right?

Wednesday 20 February 2008

Writing as Therapy II

I'm flattered to say that I received an email today from Ellen Taliaferro of Writing Practice Prescription about yesterday's post on 'Writing as Therapy', asking if she could use my post on her blog, which is all about writing as a healing process.

I'm a big believer in writing as catharsis, as you may have guessed, so this is really gratifying for me - thanks, Ellen!

You can find her homepage at Health After Trauma, a site whose mission is to "address the long-term medical consequences of trauma and abuse."

Have any of you ever used writing to purge your demons? How did you find it? How did you find your writing changed as a result of it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Amy:

Your post is up on my website. Please visit http://ellentaliaferro.com/ to so it.

Keep up the good work. Ellen